Re: Europa-List: Vacuum Regulator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vacuum Regulator
From: Andy Draper <andy@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:08:03

Dear Karl,

Have you tried turning the valve the other way?  If you have too much vacuum you
need to bleed air into the system by opening the valve.  The regulator is not
automatic, but requires being preset.  Use at least 4500 rpm as your setting
up power.
Of course the vac gauge should indicate an increase by turning clockwise.  If
it's
been damaged due to incorrect installation, you should not trust its indication.

Best Regards
Andy Draper

Technical Director
e-mail   andy@europa-aircraft.com

>>> "KARL HEINDL" <kheindl@msn.com> 18/09/03 13:04:47 >>>

My vacuum gauge indicates too much vacuum, but I see no way of being able to
adjust it.
Turning the pin at the bottom of the regulator has no effect. I assume that
the gauge is
faulty because the guy who made my panel attached the hose to the wrong port
on the
gauge. I assume that the regulator is self-regulating, else what's the point
of having it ?
Has anyone had the same problem ?

Cheers,   Karl Heindl

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess