[QT]RE: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question

Subject: [QT]RE: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:28:11
address

Sure. It's simply a 100-or-so balance reading to 0.1g and with a range up
to 300g. I may have confused you calling it a balance (which is what I was
taught to call them in school) rather than using the term "scales" which I
note is in common usage across the Atlantic - apologies if I did.

Using it for mixing Ampreg/Aeropoxy is very simple:

1) Put cup on balance and tare it (reset to zero)
2) Pour the appropriate amount of resin - use a syringe for fine adjustment
if required
3) Add hardener - again using a syringe as you get close, for accuracy

With Redux it's just as simple - put the resin in first using mixing sticks
and add hardener with a syringe again.

The only other tip I'd offer is to have lots of syringes (I use 10ml ones)
and treat the hardener ones as one-shot, chucking them in acetone to soak as
soon as you've measured out a mix. The hardeners seem to attack the rubber
after a time and you can end up with them sticking and you pulling the
rubber off.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey