Re: Europa-List: Cowling-prop clearance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cowling-prop clearance
From: Andy Draper <andy@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:02:36

I should point out that the Engine Installation Manual has an error in the
cowling
to spinner clearance dimension.  The dimension that the front face of the
cowling should be behind the front of the prop flange is 25mm (1"), not 5mm as
stated.  Apologies for the misleading information.

Best Regards
Andy Draper

Technical Director
e-mail   andy@europa-aircraft.com

>>> Rob Neils <RobNeils@aimcomm.com> 14/09/03 16:19:13 >>>

I asked:
> > What is the minimal space needed between the back of the prop hub and
the
> > front of the cowling to insure clearance when yanking and banking?

First answer:

> The book calls for 5mm

Has anyone experimented with less and found it to work?