Re: Europa-List: Cowling-prop clearance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cowling-prop clearance
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:06:11

When I was sorting out my cowlings I asked Neville or one of the other
technical wizzes at the Europa factory what is the minimum. I was told 2 to
3 mm. My cowling is set at 3mm all round, and has worked well for 150+hrs
with no sign of touching. It looks pleasing to the eye (at leasy to mine!)
and I suspect may help in aerodynamic terms to be that bit more airtight.
David Joyce, G-XSDJ----- Original Message -----