Re: Europa-List: Electrics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electrics
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:51:52

>Next, I am installing a Hobbs meter and have been recommended to install
the pressure switch in A/c Spruce - but which? Should it be the Water
compatible for Rotax engines or the other? P 344 A/c Spruce catalogue. I am
sure it is obvious but not to one who has no experience of such matters.<

To avoid having to create yet another connection in the oil/water circuits I
used a sensing arrangement in the electrics. The logic is that the hourmeter
receives power when the alternator light is out and the bus is powered. The
only scenario where this would not be accurate is if you ran the engine
without the alternator running but this one hopes is not going to happen
very often if at all. It has been working fine in my Europa for the last 3
years.

Nigel Charles