Re: Europa-List: Electrics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electrics
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:00:19

> Thanks to all who answered my first set of questions. Next, I am
> installing a Hobbs meter and have been recommended to install the
> pressure switch in A/c Spruce - but which? Should it be the Water
> compatible for Rotax engines or the other? P 344 A/c Spruce
> catalogue. I am sure it is obvious but not to one who has no
> experience of such matters.

> Regards once more.
> Steve Pitt #403

Unless you have some regulatory need for this time (in the U.S. Hobbs time is
meaningless for any FAA purpose) consider just wiring the Hobbs to the
master.  Saves cost, weight, and inserting things in important pressure lines.

Here at least, Hobbs meters are pressure triggered for need of FBO's charging
rental time the best way (and less inaccurate for logging flight time than
tach time).  Consequently also off master; inline fuse unlabeled and in a most

inaccessible place!  :-)

Fred F.