Re: Europa-List: RE: Landing light

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Landing light
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:05:54

Ira:

I haven't fully mounted the lower cowling yet.  However I see there is a
fair amount of empty space in front of the left foot well.  I am
considering mounting it  there and cutting an opening in the cowl and
making a plexiglass window flush and to the same contour as the cowl as a
first thought.  My second thought is to mount it low in the cowl and make a
small bump for it with a window.  My third thought  is to use one side of
the passenger theigh support compartment and mount it there and fashion a
faired protrusion on the bottom of the fuselage. For landing purposes the
light has to be angled down anyway so it would reside almost all in the
compartment and only as small window would protrude below.   I really
hadn't thought about it much until the bruhaha had come up.  Fiberglass
works like ice cream its pretty easy to go in many places with it.  I'll
get serious when I get the cowlings on and I figure out what angle of
declination  is needed for good coverage.  Any way it is only 25 bucks, if
I have to go to something else I will mount the LL1 in the back of my road
vehicle so I can turn it on for the tailgaters!

Steve
A143, Mesa AZ

--- Steve Hagar
--- hagargs@earthlink.net