Re: Europa-List: Europa XS 'conventional' landing gear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa XS 'conventional' landing gear
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:59:45

The photos shown on the CCE web page are of Stephan Rouvenet's Europa that
had his own iteration of the TD gear. The tailwhel spring was taken from a
KIS, which is deeper than the standard Europa

As to your comments, the Swiss TD conversion will place the nose in a higher
position (unless hte leg is cut-down during installation) so that with the
sandard tailwheel there is LESS need of a wheeler landing. The axle position
of hte gear is at the same fuselage station as the Monowheel, which is
already at a position well forward of hte norm.

There are a number of these conversions flying in hte UK.

Duncan McF.