RE: Europa-List: Confessions of a door latch hacker

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Confessions of a door latch hacker
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 06:15:09

>> Your door must be very low!  I thought I would have problems as my
door is
only 75.25 inches high.  I can just get the plane through on the
trailer, if I
wind the jockey wheel right down.

There must be a standard international garage door height which clashes
with the Europa fin! I came within a couple of mm of scraping the top of
my just painted fin when I came to roll the plane into the garage on its
trailer for the first time a few weeks back. It was only when the fin
was halfway along the door that I noticed just how close it was.

Lowering the jockey wheel fixed the problem.

Incidentally, before starting the build I'd worked out that I'd be clear
of the door.. what I failed to take into consideration was the XS
tailwheel mod which has raised the back of the aircraft.

Tony