RE: Europa-List: What else to stuff in wings before bonding on top?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What else to stuff in wings before bonding on top?
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 22:44:32

Ron,
Self rigging dolly receptacles.
I copied an idea from Chuck Popenue I consider a neccesity, especially if
you plan to trailer your Europa. Keep in mind I have the classic wings but
it should be adaptable to the XS kind. It is a tube (aluminum)floxed into
the wingtip (and reenforced)that will accept a steel rod (about 12"),that is
welded an adjustable upright,(square tube inside a larger square tube)
welded to a set of locking castors (5 or 6") that supports the wing while
you are on the spar end single handedly rigging the wings. Works great for a
rotator while finishing too. I found some tight fitting hole plugs to keep
in the tip tubes when not in use.Hope this makes sense. Chuck has pictures
on his site. Thanks again Chuck.
 http://members.bellatlantic.net/~cpops/wingtiptrolley.htm
Troy Maynor-120