Europa-List: Thanks for wing-root responses!

Subject: Europa-List: Thanks for wing-root responses!
From: Fred R. Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:07:12

Gentlepeople...

I wish to thank everyone so much for the insights, references, wisdom, and
healthy skepticism...much grist for the mill!

When re-reading my original posting, I discovered an error in my description
of a hypothetical fairing/fillet when I wrote..."a quarter of an elipse with
a half-major axis of say 30 inches and a half-minor axis of say 24 inches"
which would  be a quite large indeed. I should have written "major" and
"minor"...not "half-major etc...which reduces the proposed fairing/fillet
IMHO to a more reasonalbe proportion to the wing chord.

I envy all of you who are already in the air...happy landings