Re: Europa-List: Wing Root Fairings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing Root Fairings
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:26:32

Jim,

I had this problem and I ended up putting cuts on the side that bonds onto
the wing to allow it to move up close to the fuselage.  I then reduxed it
and held it all in place with small self tapping screws which I removed
after the redux set.  I latter put some bid along the whole thing to cover
the area that I put the slits in.

When you get to the final filling Neville gave me the tip of putting some
cloth on the transition between the fairing and the wing to stop the seam
line printing through your final finish.  It worked, my wings are painted
and you cant see the transition at all.

Cheers,  Paul