Europa-List: Winter ASI or Not?????

Subject: Europa-List: Winter ASI or Not?????
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:58:07

Winter ASI or Not?????

Gidday,
At first I didn't like the Winter 6443 ASI but it has grown on me as I now
think of it as "Europa Specific". I am aware of what Europa say about this for
speed management at low IAS, for example on takeoff, but I want to know
what other users think of them please. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Reg
Tony Renshaw

Tony
I would recommend the Dynon AI which has airspeed , altitude and AOA
displayed as tapes. AOA is the right way to control airspeed. It tells you
instantly if something has changed. Any ASI only tells you something
changed 20 seconds ago.
Graham

---