Re: Europa-List: Fin appears to be twisted

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fin appears to be twisted
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:33:40

Mine is like that, and proper Europa did that -- it cancels out
propeller P-effect which exists in cruise also.  Without the twist,
deflected rudder, plus a deflected trim tab to keep it there, would be
needed, which would be draggier.  They say airplanes are a bunch of
design compromises flying in loose formation...one example of many.

Best,
Fred F.