Re: Europa-List: 912 Engine Problem - Request for help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912 Engine Problem - Request for help
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:48:36

All

I just read Terry's reply to this and wanted to make an observation.  I am
haven't concerns in the carb balance thing at this time.

When the throttles are closed, the stop screws and the cables should both
come to rest at the same spot.  Please do not allow the carb stops to stop
the cables. This will cause the cable to get out of adjustments. (personal
knowledge)  All other facts and opinions of Terry's I agree with hole
heartedly.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds WA 98020
(425) 776-5555
N229WC  "Wile E Coyote" FLYING

> At idle, a) the throttle position is set by idle stops, irrespective of
the cable position, so an out of sync condition (cables not adjusted for
identical carb throttle position) would not be very noticeable. Also, b) the
carb balance tube keeps the two sides fairly well synched up to over 2000
rpm, even if the cable sync is not particularly good.
>    So, if the cables are out of sync, you will notice it most in the
mid-range, not at idle or high throttle settings.