Europa-List: Control locks

Subject: Europa-List: Control locks
From: Cripps David <david.cripps@spsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:43:05

Does anyone have good designs for control locks for the Europa? Now that I am
banished
outdoors on the windy coast, I'm having to give such things consideration.
I'd prefer some sort of design that fitted on to the wings/tail directly.
I figure that this is more secure than simply locking the control column/pedals
in one position since even with the column/pedals fixed, the wind can still
blow the control surfaces around and rattle the control runs and loosen the
joints and pins.

I can see how to secure the ailerons (with a sort of V-shaped hat that would go
over aileron/flap/part of wing), but the tailplanes and rudder look to be more
difficult to hold in position externally.

Any thoughts?

David

Visit SP at stand D103 at the European Wind Energy Conference, Madrid, Spain,
16th
- 19th June 2003

All sales of goods are subject to the terms and conditions of sale (the
Conditions)
of SP Systems (the Company) which are available on request from the Company
or may be viewed on our Website (http://www.spsystems.com).

Any advice given by the Company in connection with the sale of goods is given
in good faith but the company only warrants that advice in writing is given with

reasonable skill and care.  All advice is otherwise given subject to the
Conditions.

The contents of this message and any attachments are confidential and
are intended solely for the attention and use of the addressee only.
Information contained in this message may be subject to legal,
professional or other privilege or may otherwise be protected by other
legal rules. This message should not be copied or forwarded to any other
person without the express permission of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute
or retain this message or any part of it.