Re: Europa-List: Turnbuckles on Rudder Cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Turnbuckles on Rudder Cables
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 21:32:32

Do it,  but expect them to flap up and down on the fuselage floor. I added a
clamp around the nylon tubing that I encased them in to prevent this. I
encased them from the firewall to the first pulleys, resumed from there to
just beyond the cockpit module. It was at the extreme end of the CM that I
added the clamp to each cable. The turnbuckles are just aft of that. Also
they need support at the mass balance containment bulkhead. I borrowed these
ideas from those who went before.
Troy Maynor