Re: Europa-List: Navaid Auto Pilot Advice

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Navaid Auto Pilot Advice
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 08:53:45

>Before I glue in the Cock-pit Module I'd like to fit the leaver arm for the
Navaid Auto Pilot.

Has any one retro-fitted this after finishing the torque tube and could
advise how they made the bracket to clamp to  it.

I'm following Mod 10507 from the Europa Club.<

Having written this mod I thought I had better offer some input.

Assuming you are happy to buy an extra CS03 an easy way to retrofit the mod
is to cut it in half longitudinally, attach the arm to it and then rivet and
Redux the assembly to the torque tube. There is plenty of strength in the
CS03 for this and minimises fabrication. Some other builder might be glad of
the remaining half of the CS03 for his/her build.

Regards

Nigel Charles
Europa Club Modifications Rep