RE: Europa-List: Flairing Tool Advice

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flairing Tool Advice
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 18:17:36

You'll need one extra tool and that's a tube cutter. A tube cutter
ensures that the cut is perpendicular to the tube, something that is
extremely difficult to ensure if you cut the tube with a hacksaw.

You shouldn't need to use any sealant on a flared joint. The connectors
and flare itself should be sufficient to ensure a gas tight seal.

It is important not to overtighten flared joints otherwise the AN
fitting will actually cut through the flare.

Tony