Europa-List: Flairing Tool Advice

Subject: Europa-List: Flairing Tool Advice
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 14:12:46

Gidday,
I have searched my overloaded e-mail program to find a message from someone
who gave me great guidance regarding the use of a 37 degree flairing tool.
The problem is that I can't find it to reread it, and I wonder who it was,
and whether there is any other words of wisdom using one of these tools. It
is a really great looking piece of kit, but even though I have cut the
bundy tube as square as I can, I still end up with a small offset in the
finished flair, it sits off on an angle. I also wonder about the use of
Hermetite on all of the sealing surfaces, and the amount of tension
required to tighten up a standard AN fitting?
Thanks
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia