Re: Europa-List: Instrument panel colours

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Instrument panel colours
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:14:52

Duncan, While I chose a light blue Nextel for the rest of the cockpit I have
cobalt blue Nextel for the complete panel which gives complete absence of
windscreen reflection and good instrument visibility. I have not encountered
any heating problems although I have fitted a small fan on the underside of
the panel over the passenger's feet which blows air around the instruments
and out through a series of holes at the base of the pilot's side of the
windscreen. This arrangement doubles as a screen demister for foggy English
days, and an instrument cooler for scorching hot days. A year's flying has
so far only revealed the occasional need for the former! Regards, david