Re: Europa-List: Blue Mountain EFIS vs. Grand Rapids Technology Horizon

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Blue Mountain EFIS vs. Grand Rapids Technology Horizon
From: KarkelB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:10:26

Hi Folks,
              just returned from sun&fun where i took an in depth look at at
all three efis.Grandrapids Horizon, Bluemountains and Dynon in addition to
putting faces to the regular folk on the forum( nice meeting you all!!)
Hats off to Greg at Grandrapids. They have done a wonderful job on the
Horizon Efis and i'm having a dual system when it hits the shelf in october.
He answered all my questions and is quietly confident of the product.I was
sold on the fact that it had all i was looking for and the price is
competitive without being prohibitive. The main efis plus a multifunction
unit will nicely fit the europa panel. I will just add an ASI , ALT and TC
and my nav122dgps.
As for the Bluemountain unit, i wasn't convinced. Did you ever hear of the
sales guy who could take off your socks while you had your shoes on? I felt i
was being given answers to questions i hadn't asked. Someone mentioned
"arrogance",i second that.I believe that was to mask the lack of
confidence.Also the idea of not having a warranty outside the states made me
look for the nearest exit.
I also checked out the dynon efis. I got the sense  the product wasn't ready,
there seems to be quite a few things that needed tidying up. I wasn't sure
about the sunlight readability. The pitot head is not ready either.Those in
europe, pressure is in inches. I think its about a year away.

     my thoughts
                        Karim.
          # 420