RE: Europa-List: fuel flow

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fuel flow
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:05:21

I have purchased the Grand Rapids EIS for my 914. I got two "FloScan turbine
flow sensors" with the unit.  The installation instructions provided with
these says "the sensor should be installed with at least 5 inches of
straight or gently curving fuel line before and 1-2 inches after the sensor
and the first valve, elbow, or other turbulence producing device. A
gascolator or filter should be installed upstream of the flow sensor. The
vapor venting design of the sensor requires that it be positioned with the
wires pointing up."

Kevin  A211