Europa-List: Crosswinds and hot starts

Subject: Europa-List: Crosswinds and hot starts
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:06:23

Hi,

They are not related, but.......

I did my first true cross wind landings today in the mini U2 and after much
anticipation, it turned out to be a non event. All I can say is I just did it
and didn't think too much about it. I have 67 landings now without bending
anything!

I also confirmed the hot start technique with the 914 leaving the pumps off.
For whatever reason, it seems to work. The start was still not easy, but
three times I could turn on the pump  and the engine would die immediately. I
did it three times.

Just throwing more data out into the wind, so to speak!

Dave
A227
Mini U2