Re: Europa-List: Thumb Tack remedy to heavy feet.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Thumb Tack remedy to heavy feet.
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:07:01

  one other method is to cut and bolt in a couple of pieces of nylon rod about
1 inch dia (eg spare outrigger rod) through the firewall, so that the top front
of the rudder pedals contact the nylon rods just after max rudder deflection.
  This needs a bit of experimentation, but cut the rods slightly undersize and
they can always be lengthened by adding penny washers.
  The main advantage is that the stop is readily felt at max deflection and is
fitted where the force is applied, ie under your foot!
chus,
dave

>Tony and heavy footed co.
>I hope you have therefore installed Graham Singletons rudder mod, as otherwise
Graham tells me the combined force due to the very high mechanical advantage
of pushing, especially with both feet, is about 800 lbs, and all of this  is
concentrated
on your bottom rudder hinge.......