Re: Europa-List: Required tools

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Required tools
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:46:19

> To save me searching through the entire manual, can someone tell me
> where the 5mmx0.8mm and 12mmx1.75mm taps are required?

Simon,

The 5mm x .08mm tap is for tapping the lugs on the doors for the gas strut
ball joints.  This is in the manual where it explains how to fit the gas
struts.  You also need a 4.2mm drill bit to drill these holes.

The 12mm taps are required for tapping the wing lift pin holes and the flap
drive pin holes.  This is also in the manual in the relevant section for
fitting these pins.  From memory, think the drill bit needed for this is
10.8mm.

I would advise against using the nearest (undersized) imperial size drill
bits for the wing and flap pins like I did.  The extra couple of thou makes
quite a difference.

Sorry but haven't got my manual handy to confirm page numbers.

Regards
Kingsley Hurst
Mono Classic 281