Re: Europa-List: Blue Mountain EFIS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Blue Mountain EFIS
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:59:20
 03/25/2003 08:59:25 AM

To fit the BMA EFIS, I made two mods to the stock instrument module
NB: I have the old style EFIS Display (without builtin keypad)  which is a
bit different in size than the new integrated panel.

1)  The left panel was modified by removing the "circuit breaker" setback,
in other words, the face of the panel now drops straight down to the true
bottom of the module.
This provides generous height for all my instruments with out coming
anywhere near
my knees (I am 5'10")

2)  I replaced the sandwich shelf with a matching enclosed bay.  This bay
holds
my EFIS CPU, backup battery, MP3 disk unit, and baby TCAS; see:
   http://www.crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/Mods/irarampil.htm

I placed the magnetometer in the intra-door panel of the fuse top.  It is
about 18"
---From some audio signal lines, and from an LED Courtesy lamp.  It remains to
be seen
how well it functions there.

Ira