Europa-List: REdux: A bum wrap

Subject: Europa-List: REdux: A bum wrap
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:24:08
 03/17/2003 08:24:10 PM

Greetings All,

Since I've had a few personal queries on the subject, I thought I'd provide
the
direct link to the Advisory Circular on shoulder harness installation:

   http://www2.faa.gov/avr/afs/news/harness/AC%2021-34.pdf

There are some points of discussion about the old qualifications which used
static tests at 9 gs with blocks of wood for people in the seat. The
current tests
and standards use anthropometric dummies and higher, dynamic loads, i.e.,
19 Gz for GA type aircraft.

There are some recent restraint videos (sounds kinky!) produced by the
Civilian Aeromedical Institute (FAA) at:

   http://www.cami.jccbi.gov/National-Resource/CAMI21st.html

Enjoy,

Ira