RE: Europa-List: A bum wrap

Subject: RE: Europa-List: A bum wrap
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:07:06

In re: inertia (or inertial, but not interial) reels

The term derives from Newton's concept of inertia, and here refers to the
means by which the mechanism "locks" when subjected to rapid deceleration.
Many aircraft and all late model automotive three point seatbelts employ
this technique to allow freedom of movement unless and until the vehicle
decelerates suddenly.

For a brief description of the product, and how not to install the things go
FAA's guidance on the subject go to
http://www2.faa.gov/avr/afs/news/harness/seatbelt.htm

Best regards,

Rob Housman