Europa-List: Aileron Fit

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron Fit
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 00:19:18

Hello all,

I have presently finished a temporary attachment of both aileron hinges on my
starboard wing. I have also clamped my flap in place with the template on the
wing root. While the flap fits and lines up well with the template and
aileron, the aileron seems too thin and short at the wing tip. Measured at
the corner of the closeout and wingtip, the aileron is 9 mm lower with the
bottom of the aileron is flush. And the trailing edge of the aileron is also
12 mm shorter along the chord than the wingtip.
Is this normal? Do I have to fill in this area? If so, that's a lot of
filler! Or am I missing something?
I am also aware of another builder at this same point that has the same
problem. Is it a problem? I would appreciate some advice from those that have
gone before me.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Trigear