Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Cleaning before Soldering Iron

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Cleaning before Soldering Iron
From: Neville Eyre <Neville@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:11:04
        Entry

Hi All,
After ALL the fuel has been drained, purge the fumes out with Carbon Dioxide,
either
---From a MIG welding plant, or from a brewery bottle. A bottle can be hired
---From most drink supply depots for not a lot of money.
Leave the gas running until all smell of fuel has gone, and let a little trickle
all the while you are working on the tank.
Ensure the tip of the iron is clean.
Nev.

>>> Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au> 03/11/03 11:52am >>>

Gidday,
I am wondering after reading Paul McAllisters website about the
recommendations for preping the fuel tank before I attack it with my
soldering iron to install the Europa fuel probe (magnetic). The question is
that I was only going to drain it of fuel and wash it out with water, but I
now fear that I need to do more than that. Does the plastic absorb some of
the fuel that would make things dangerous for me if I keep to my original
plan?
Reg
Tony Renshaw