Europa-List: Fuel Tank Cleaning before Soldering Iron Entry

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Cleaning before Soldering Iron Entry
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:52:45

Gidday,
I am wondering after reading Paul McAllisters website about the
recommendations for preping the fuel tank before I attack it with my
soldering iron to install the Europa fuel probe (magnetic). The question is
that I was only going to drain it of fuel and wash it out with water, but I
now fear that I need to do more than that. Does the plastic absorb some of
the fuel that would make things dangerous for me if I keep to my original
plan?
Reg
Tony Renshaw