Europa-List: naca vents

Subject: Europa-List: naca vents
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:43:36

Murphy's law at work!!

I fitted the NACA vents in the side of the fuse, as recommended by the
factory.  First time I operated them in situ, after completing the painting
of the fuse, the threaded pin snapped off one of them.

I have obtained a spare replacement &  have been trying to work out how
replace the broken flap with a new  one.  The only way I can see is to grind
off the outer surround to the replacement, leaving just the flap and the
internal housing, then grind of the housing on the broken one.  I can then
glue the replacement housing complete with flap to the existing outer
surround.

Anyone got any other solutions?  Also what glue is best to glue the plastic?

Richard Iddon G-RIXS (back to working out where all the wires go)