Europa-List: G-OWWW first flight.

Subject: Europa-List: G-OWWW first flight.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:30:52

Hi! Richard.
Congratulations!  Good to see there was a HARRISON involved!!!!!
I will say IMHO that Pete took a long first flight prior to an in the cowl
check.

On the Manifold Pressure question, without one you will never know whether
you are running the engine constantly overloaded or not, with the CS
prop.your throttle becomes a power lever since the RPM control is done by
the prop.
This is why I've been waiting for Jabiru to get their act together and
provide some dynamometer
power output/manifold pressure charts because even with the Manifold
Pressure Gauge it will vary with ambient and altitude. In your case with the
Rotax I'm wondering if you neet two gauges?

I'm hoping Francis Donaldson gets some progress on this subject during his
visit to Jabiru at Bundaberg currently, because I'm thinking that Jabiru's
lack of interest on his question shows a failing of the "grey matter"!
I'm also more than a little suprised that "others" that you are mentioning
don't seem to suggest the way to go.
Regards
Bob Harrison. G-PTAG  Europa 337/MKI/ Jabiru 3300 #084