Europa-List: G-OWWW

Subject: Europa-List: G-OWWW
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:08:01
   Nigel Harrison <icemanbnh@hotmail.com>

I am very pleased  to announce that today 26th February at 1555 GMT Europa
Kit 51 lifted off from Blackbushe airfield for its first flight in the hands
of Pete Jeffers.

35 minutes later, after a low fly-by he brought it safely in to land taxiing
in with a large grin on his face.

He reported few problems, even the mode C on the transponder was working !
It stalled clean at 53 knots indicated and with full flap at 41 knots
indicated.

Unfortunately when we removed the top cowling there were signs of water and
oil leakage, so more work is required. However we left it at Blackbushe and
we will be flying again (wx permitting) on Monday.

Congratulations to Nigel Harrison who has done almost all the work (I did
just the panel and the electrics). We bought this kit from Tim Whittome in
Inverness in October 2001. It has foam wings and the wings and tail feathers
were built but had not been filled. Nigel has completed it in 16 months.

YEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAA :-)

We have to disable our 3000 Airmaster CS propeller because the PFA are
currently insisting on a manifold pressure gauge. The first I heard of this
was ten days AFTER I had applied for the permit to test fly. Europa had told
me late in 2001 that a MAP gauge was not required, and there is currently no
room in my panel for it. Pleased, I was NOT :-(

There is no mandatory requirement for the MAP gauge in the Airmaster
Installation manual, or the Rotax Operating manual.

My pictures are crap because I didn't have enough zoom, but if anyone is
interested contact me off list.

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, being flight tested