RE: Europa-List: Control surfaces filling

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Control surfaces filling
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:07:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garry Copeland" .
> Is there an optimum time between filling and sanding back?

For those using Superfil have a look in the archives for an email
submitted by Nigel Graham on the 15th August 2001 entitled Wing Filling.
The tramline technique he described works EXTREMELY well. I was able to
establish a single surface wing profile over three evenings and am now
filling in the areas between the profile lines with around 1/3 of a wing
surface completed in an evening. I could have done the entire wing
surface in an evening if CSI hadn't been on TV. As well as considerably
reducing the sanding required it is reducing the profit of Polyfiber as
I am having to use minimal Superfil on the surface.

Tony