RE: Europa-List: Control surfaces filling

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Control surfaces filling
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:11:43

Hi! Gary.
For my experiences you need to not only control the heat high but also the
humidity needs to be as low as possible for the whole of the curing period.
The moisture combines with the surface and produces the "glue like"
substance that Richard thinks is uncured resin.(there is a name for it but
it escapes me) My experience of the Expandcell on the tail planes was
sufficient for me to change over to Polyfibre. A by far superior substance
to apply, cure and sand back. Their Smooth prime is then next applied by
roller and is also extremely easy to "cut back" and "rag" pin holes away.
(but both are expensive!)
Also watch out that you don't loose the wing profiles, but I guess you have
an XS with the "Aero-Fix" wing skins so perhaps not to worry on that score!
regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG