SV: SV: Europa-List: Andair Fuel Selector Extensions

Subject: SV: SV: Europa-List: Andair Fuel Selector Extensions
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:13:00

--- I have the original
cockpit module, with the first stage LA mod for seat width. I believe the XS
cockpit module is a lot narrower So the consequence of this is that I may
widen
my seat pans into the tunnel, and lower the shelf portion if I can, but the
wheel and the flap tube will limit what I do. -----
I ideally want the selector where I can see it, but I could
also put it under my right thigh support if it could fit there. Do you think
it
could go there?? -----

Tony,

Some words of caution here:

- Check ANY cuts, openings or mods to the cockpit module with the factory
first.  The c.m. carries sustantial loads, and also some in the longitudinal
direction between the firewall/engine mount and the wing support part (or
rather: where the module and the rest of the aircraft hang on the wings!)
- I doubt that you physically can fit the selector under (or on the front
of) the thigh support (at least not on XS) because of lack of space for the
hoses inside the thigh support.  I don't know the min. bending radius for
your hose, but for the latest supplied by the factory I don't think less
than 1 3/4" is recommended (based on info on similar hose available at local
dealer here).
- Even if you could fit the valve and hoses, a good rule is that the
selector should be placed where it can easily be seen and operated both by
the pilot in the left seat and by the (safety) pilot in the right seat.

Good luck!

Svein
A225 (now in Norway)