Re: SV: Europa-List: Andair Fuel Selector Extensions

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Andair Fuel Selector Extensions
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:00:10

Svein,
I am working through your instructions for the fitment of the Andair Fuel
Selector. Firstly, I haven't even sat in my Classic Mono fuselage! I have only
just finished the wings and am about to start on the fuselage. I have a lot of
decisions to make in quick time, namely engine type for fuel setup, whether to
remain mono or go tri, etc etc. I think I will probably stay mono with a mod to
fit quick removeable trundle wheels for ease of moving it around. I am going to
mod the wingtips, which i haven't finished yet, with a steel tube insert for a
wing dolly and also for  a method of hanging the wings on the trailer. Anyway,
lots of things to think about. If I stay tri, and want to put my fuel selector
where you did, well it will be  a bit of a challenge. I have the original
cockpit module, with the first stage LA mod for seat width. I believe the XS
cockpit module is a lot narrower So the consequence of this is that I may widen
my seat pans into the tunnel, and lower the shelf portion if I can, but the
wheel and the flap tube will limit what I do. So, I have plans but don't really
know if it is possible yet, as I don't really have a good mental picture of
what goes where. I ideally want the selector where I can see it, but I could
also put it under my right thigh support if it could fit there. Do you think it
could go there??I know of another who put it beside his right hip, which might
be OK too, but I want easy access and I don't know if this would create a good
access after all.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia