Re: Europa-List: Fuel sight gauges

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel sight gauges
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:29:52

Yes, I have the gauge mounted between the seats. It reads the level of the
fuel above the saddle. I also have two of the longer bubbles that I was
thinking of putting in the foot wells. They would be like the Europa tube
gauge, only good in level flight. I have them plumbed with 1/8 napa fuel
lines and vented with tygon. I had to drill them and add fittings, and you
will still need the flow restrictor at the tank outlet as per plans. I have
the LED lights for them also. I thought about putting them in the baggage
bay, but only seeing them at preflight, It was a toss up. The gauges are from
Vance ( http://home.attbi.com/%7Enostromo56/ )
I'm still not sure if I'm going to put one or both lower gauges in.........
I also have the capacitance probe from Europa in FL. I have it mounted to a
"bagel" in the left saddle.

P.S. You can glue your cockpit module in by yourself, I did it today in four
hours... Pictures to follow...

SteveD.
http://homepage.mac.com/sdunsmuir/Europa.html