Re: Europa-List: Engine mounts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine mounts
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:02:51

Hi Dave

Have you had your prop dynamically balanced as this may be the cause of your
vibration?

The Europa pitot and static sources were originally  mounted on the fin tip
and fuselage sides respectively. Both were moved to the wing due to errors
and variation between individual aircraft. The helical airflow due to the
prop makes the use of a fuselage static unpredictable. The factory had tried
many setups before resorting to wing mounted static so probably best to stay
with that.

Nigel Charles