Europa-List: cabin heating and ventilation

Subject: Europa-List: cabin heating and ventilation
From: hedley brown <hedley@hedleybrown.flyer.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:40:25

G-IMAB seems to run at too low a temperature in this winter weather, and inside,
we get very cold but the windows steam up. Being a cold-blooded individual,
I have not installed the naca ventilators as I don't want my knees or my kidneys
frozen.
    So...I want to blank off some of the , already over-generous, radiator duct
at the back, and take a couple of pipes from behind the rearmost radiator the
short distance direct into the adjacent footwells. The ram effect of the
throttled
rear of the radiator duct should force ample supplies of warm air into the
cab and the engine and the pilots should be comfortably warm.
    My flying companion is uncomfortably cool about this proposition - he thinks
it would be a waste of time. What are the expert opinions of the Forum?
=01