Re: Crowbar installation

Subject: Re: Crowbar installation
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:23:14
Circuit breakers and fuses behave quite differently. For that reason I
always use fuses on the basis they don't blow without reason so shouldn't
need replacing in flight and when something is wrong they blow far quicker
and near their specified value giving the protection you think you have.
Conversely circuit breakers release very slowly and at much higher values
than might be expected. (Fuses are also light and cheap - can't believe cars
would have fuses if circuit breakers were better).

Jerry
                    Jerry@ban-bi.com   or    LTS@avnet.co.uk
                    www.Ban-bi.com     or   www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown