knobs and knockers

Subject: knobs and knockers
From: Paul Atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:58:16
Gerry

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll be more than happy to take you up on it
but only if you have the time to spare and will let me pay you for it
and I will promise not to say a word about your lady friend in return. I
am after the u/c lever, brake, and door knobs. I can send you a sketch
if you don't change your mind. Colouring sounds like a good idea to me;
go-ahead and save on medical fees is my advice.
Found something that looks like your eyeballs in the Spruce catalogue
(dont know why I didn't look there before).   I don't have a  lady
friend over there (honest) but we are off to Colorado soon so will try
and get them to send the parts to me there. If you need anything i could
order it at the same time.

What were you upto in the RAF. I work for Air 2000 which is full of ex
RAF and a few Navy pilots, maybe you know some.

We.. me Liz and daughter Nina usually make the pilgrimage to see my
brother in Cornwall once a year so might drop in on our way past. Will
give you a call beforehand though to see if it is convenient. If you
ever find yourself in t'north  you are very welcome to drop in, we are
near Kendal in Cumbria.

Happy New year to you

Paul

Paul Hi! happy New Year>
I've just had a look at your vents (very nice they are too) and was
wondering where you got the eyeballs from, also your knobs (the ones on
the levers in case you were wondering). The ones I've seen up to now
look pretty naff.

Eyeball Vents I need to check on. It was either ACS or Chief Aircraft. I
always ordered them for delivery to a Lady Friend in USA when I was on
frequent trips there. Mums the word!

The 'Knobs' were 'turned' by Me or an old Naval mate... wait for it.....
Charlie Brown. Yes for real.> Charlie gives a hand sometimes with two
handed stuff. Unfortunately I was RAF so the Joint Services co-operation
is often 'flowered' with Anglo Saxan language!!

All have come from 2 Dural Rods. I think I have some left and am willing
to oblige on 'Knob' Manafacture if that helps. I'll need a spec on size
etc. I'm thinking of having them 'coloured' Anodised locally. Grren for
Throttle, Red for break! Crazy I know. Perhaps I'll see the Doctor first!

I', on 07808 402404 if you want to talk through anything. You are always
invited to call into us in the West Country.