Reflected power on Archer Comm antenna

Subject: Reflected power on Archer Comm antenna
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:32:27
So far all of the antenna guides I have seen note the installation of
the ferrite "baluns" on the antenna lead going to the dipole. This to
reduce the reflected power going down the lead. I am getting ready to
stuff an Archer antenna up in the tailfin before bonding the top and
bottom halfs together. The instructions for the Archer do no detail the
installation of the toriods. Since this installation is inaccessable
once everything is together I was going to install these items on the
cable anyway. The queston is has any one had to do this to reduce
reeflected power on the Archer? In addition, is having the toroids on
the cable in any way detrimental to the performance of the antenna if
there is not a reflected power issue?Aside note: The wallet just got a
whole bunch lighter today. My 914 became available and cash was wired
before one of Uncle Sam's henchmen snapped it up.--- Steve Hagar---
hagargs@earthlink.net