Re: Location of CG

Subject: Re: Location of CG
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:12:54
In a message dated 1/3/2003 5:24:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
erichdtrombley@juno.com writes:

> Can anyone out there tell me what the location of the CG is relative to the
> joggle of the cowling?  I believe this is the new location that
> measurements are taken from.

I just did my CG calc and you go forward from that joggle for the datum
reference (something like 29 inches. (29.25 to be specific)That is where you
measure the arms from. This is done with the aircraft in the level attitude.
The main gear was supposed to be 45 to 46 inches, mine was 45.3 and the
tailwheel should be close to 208 inches, mine was 208 1/4". My CG with the
914 and airmaster prop ended up at 58.8 and for the first flight - me and the
yet to be purchased chute - will be 59.4. Allowable range is 58 to 62.5.
First flight range is listed as 59 to 61.

Taxi test went well yesterday, with the airplane "flying" off the outriggers
at 20 knots and above -- up to 27 knots. The stick is in the center, as far
as I can determine. First flight looms just over the horizon.

Keeping it straight,

Dave
A227
Mini U2