Re: OAT gauge and - A lucky escape... and insurance premiums

Subject: Re: OAT gauge and - A lucky escape... and insurance premiums
From: David.Corbett <David.Corbett@fwi.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:04:01
The motor-glider was an IS 28, and it was tied down facing into the
(Shobdon) prevailing wind - ie, facing west. The actual direction of the
gust which carried it from its tie-down position into my hangar doors was
West-South-West.

Perhaps I should have added a postscript about the lady in the car. She was
being followed by another car, whose driver saw it all happen. He sent his
young son (7/8 years old) under the tree to see if the driver was alive -
and the son then stayed talking to the lady until the emergency services
arrived, having been summoned by father on his mobile. As it turned out, she
was not badly injured, and was only in hospital for a few days. The son got
a great write-up in the local press.

Finally - for 2002, anyway - I put out a message about insurance premium
increase some weeks ago. I have just received my renewal request - an
increase from 1571 to 1925, both exclusive of Premium Tax, and both for a
hull value of 45K. This is an increase of  22.5% - do any UK owners have
any comments about that?

David