Off topic - virus

Subject: Off topic - virus
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:50:22
Cheers,
            I was away off the mark in discussing a virus which attacked a
number of us lately. As corrected by Pete Zutrauen and Graham S, I managed
to destroy it. My normal antivirus program did not scan zip files and the
W32.Opaserv.worm was resident in a windows zipped file named
WINDOWS/sysbckup/rb000.cab in my computor.
            Another program has put it to rest, and before it attacked my
files apparently. As close as I can make it, I have had the virus for about
5 days, so perhaps if you have found it there's a fuse slowly sputtering
with you. Email me off list for a free program if needed.
            Once again, my apologies for offtopic traffic.
Ferg
A064