Re: Instruments

Subject: Re: Instruments
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:23:44
Richard
I certainly would not recommend smuggling but  have bought most of my
instruments in Sun'n'Fun, Florida and brought them back thro the 'red'
channel with the aid of a Customs 'end user Certificate' which I believe
gives Tax free (not VAT free) imports. Rarely have the Customs at any
airport I have entered shown any interest in charging me the VAT on the
basis that I have been open and honest, as well as having the certification
to prove that I am building an aeroplane.
In addition I have ordered direct from Aircraft Spruce higher value but
light items eg Circuit Breakers and they have been most efficient (4 day
delivery) and not expensive (dollar for pound).
If you've not been to Florida it is certainly worth a visit to Sun'n'Fun
just for the sheer enjoyment of the sun, Europa comrades and stocking up on
those items that are hard to get in the UK. Starts 2nd April 2003 for 1
week.
Steve Pitt #403