Re: Surface area increase with sanding 41.4%

Subject: Re: Surface area increase with sanding 41.4%
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:35:19
I'd be most interested to know what other builders have used. I've used 60
grit for the scuff sanding inside my XS wings, but have noticed that the
sanding marks adjacent to where the rib-to-spar joints have been made during
manufacture appear courser - 40 grit?

I find myself constantly torn between the risk of not sanding enough (and
getting a poor bond) and overdoing it (and damaging the substrate).

Regards,
Jeremy